Blogging Goes to College: Brainstorming Weblog Use in Higher Education

A blog for participants of the Blogging Goes to College: Brainstorming Weblog Use in Higher Education session.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Session underway

We began the session at 10am with refreshments and of course a nice wireless connection. There are about 30 people here from various libraries all over the state and from all different age groups and areas of librarianship.

Right now we are going around the room introducing ourselves and talking about our favorite Web 2.0 things. There's a variety of experience with these applications and it should provide some great discussion. We'll be discussing teaching & learning, library applications, other uses, implementation issues, and policy issues. Hopefully I or someone else will blog about the conversation(s) later.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Hi all... hope the session is going well! The Wright State delegates decided not to make the trip this morning due to very nasty weather all along I-70. We'll keep checking our RSS feeds, though :)

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Diane Schrecker said...

Thanks for starting off the workshop blog Rebecca. I'm chagrined to admit I decided against bringing my laptop to the workshop and missed the opportunity to add group discussion as it was happening.

Should have known better.

There were photos taken of each brainstorming session, so we should have an account of the day's work with added comments from the great group of attendees.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger pjkobulnicky said...

Thanks to Laura for the rapid summary. I'd appreciate any comments or corrections that you all have to Laura's summaries. I'd like to point others to the blog so that the benefits can be shared.

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home